4.05.2010

Monday off

I awoke this morning, not in my own house, not in my own bed.  Although, I was the only one residing in the house at the time.  A friend and I had a sleep over last night... she had school (I guess I woke up then, too), but then her dad had work, and her mom was substitute teaching.  Weird, but fun.
I got home around 10:30, and I took a shower, and started to put away a lot of my laundry that needed to be taken care of (two huge piles).  Soon after that I realized it was definitely time for coffee...


I drank some coffee, and some chocolate from yesterdays Easter basket (which took me about three hours to find).  It was in my cupboard behind all my food... my goodness.  It was a nice surprise, though.  
Yesterday was fabulous, Church was a great service, and then out to lunch with the parents was a great edition.  We went to one of the fam's all time favorite restaurants::: 



I have been going to this restaurant in downtown Wayzata since I was a little girl.  Every Sunday after church it seemed like we'd head on down to D'amico & Sons.  My sister is especially fond of this restaurant (being that it's an Italian restaurant).  She got me hooked onto their Gulf Shrimp Spaghetti.  Some of my favorite food in the universe.  After our lunch, we walked down by Lake Minnetonka for a little while, and then headed back home.  It was a BEAUTIFUL Easter to be reminded that our Lord is risen for us!



After I drank my coffee this morning, I cleaned and cleaned.  I don't always love cleaning, but I know the rewarding feel afterwards.  I love a clean house.  I love a clean room.  I feel way less stressed, and I feel like I can take out any stress I have on cleaning (and I'm not the only one who feels that way).  
Then I ate my left over lunch for lunch today... which was still delicious.  



And right now I am just refueling with a glass of orange juice and an encouraging word from Paul:::
"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.  And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.  And this hope will not lead to disappointment.  For we know how dearly God loves us, because He has given us the holy spirit to fill our hearts with his love."  Romans 5:3-5

I hope you have a blessed and beautiful week.  That God will teach in the big and the little things.  Tomorrow is back to school, and play practice is all week.  Along with Physical therapy on Wednesday. and maybe babysitting that day as well... we'll see.  Love and JoY!

No comments:

Post a Comment