4.01.2010

como zoo, lemons, & "marriage"

Today in MN it was HOT.  Dude, it was humid and it was GORGEOUS outside.  I loved feeling the warmth and the humidity that hasn't been penetrated into my skin in MONTHS.  Praise the Lord!

I love the orangoutangs.  They are so cute, and they also had a SLED @ the Como Zoo.  I suspected that those three orangoutangs were a family (Dad, mom, and baby).  It was so cute to watch them interact with each other, and play with the sled (and also their easter eggs).  I loved all the animals... it was so cool to go back to the Zoo today and see all of them playing around and doing whatever.  Also, watching all the little kids just LOVE the animals.  I loved that.  Dearly.



My mom, kate, & i took a stop into the conservatory.  My mom could name all of the plants//flowers in there.  I promise you.  It was very pretty and lovely to smell.  It was truly a fun day! And I know I got my exercise in for a while ;).



On our way home we decided we wanted some lemonade to top off all our walking + seeing.  We took a pit stop @ Cub foods and got some lemons (and other things)... anyway, the point is we got home and we made fresh squeezed lemonade! It was delicious (after we found the right amount of sugar to go in).  
Then some recording was inspired after this treat of ours, and then a walk around Plymouth (I picked up some dinner), and back home I was but only for a little bit.

I got to hang out with some of my fav kids ever.
All three of us headed outside to catch some of the GREAT weather when I arrived at their house.  We did a lot of fun stuff in the back yard (swing set, tag, ect).  For around 2 hours.  It was fabulous.  This explains the whole "marriage" things on top.
Picture yourself when you were little.  On a swing set.  With someone else swinging right beside you//in sync... "We're married!" "We're divorced!"
We went on all these hilarious circumstances between this brother and sister.... oh you're married now! nope we're divorced! we're married again! it was extremely hilarious.
After our outdoor adventures, we went inside because it was getting dark.
I was the ref, and they played a one-on-one game of basketball (KSU vs. KU).  Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!! (I wasn't picking sides, I promise, I was being fair to both).  Anyway, it was a fun game, and it was hilarious being the announcer//referee.  
After the game they were hungry, so we got a snack and drew some pictures.  And watched a stunting show that they love.  They kept commenting on how stupid the people were for doing such horrendous things.  I laughed.  It was a fun fun night and the girl drew me an adorable picture that I love.  She even drew hearts around the letters "ku" because she knows I am just maybe slightly a fan of the jayhawks... even though she and her parents are strict Wildcats.


I apologize for the length of this post,
but I hope you all have a MARVELOUS night and Good Friday tomorrow.
may mercy + forgiveness wash over all of you this easter Sunday!

Last but NOT least tomorrow's WEATHER!!!!!!

Fri
Thunderstorm
65°F | 44°F

A THUNDERSTORM!!!!!!

love,
rebeCCA c

No comments:

Post a Comment