10.16.2010

Sweet or Sour?

I have this choice in life to be sour.  I have this choice to be sweet.
I can take life how I want it; I can be sweet, or I can be sour about it.
Remember playing that game on the bus, growing up, named sweet or sour? It was always a blast picking fun at those who were sour and cold shouldered to our waves.  The people who were nice were all in it, not part way, but all the way.
We have seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, years, and periods of time where the circumstance of life will be sour, but what will you do with that time? With those sour days where you want to curl up, go to bed and wish the day away? Will you let the bitterness and pain get the most of you or will you start to be thankful? God loves an open heart.  It's easy to be open on those days where life is great and beautiful- but utterly challenging on those days of despair.  
Today watching the girls Soccer team lose to Totino grace in overtime was extremely painful, to the fact that nobody saw the goal happen, and it was sudden death.  It was harsh and it was sour.  Teammates crying, a coach trying to gather the words to say, and I was left speechless- leaving that field quite saddened that the season was over.  I, though, let words come out of my mouth to encourage those who needed it- and thank all the people that I have been with all season, whom I truly adore.  I quickly realized that there was so much to be thankful for.  I let loose and let myself live a little.  Pain will always be present in the world somewhere, but it matters how you go about that circumstance- complaining and being upset over it for excessive amounts of time will not do any good.  Once you get past the shock it's time to do something about it.  I am proud beyond words to these soccer girls.
But back to my point- in life will you choose the sweet or sour? With all of the sour circumstances in this life will you thank or complain?

I love you soccer ladies... you were the best team to manage.  Ever.
& I love all you others, too!!
<3R

2 comments:

  1. Great thoughts as always, Rebe. It's so true... we have a choice every moment to react to life in a good or bad way! I bet you were the best soccer manager ever, and I'm positive that you blessed everyone on that team!
    I'm going to go have a sweet attitude now... :)
    P.S. it was fun to see you at school. Hope the hayride was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Brooke! i know... and so many times i'm so sour and negative. i need to switch it. thanks! I miss you and I lovvved seeing you, too!!!

    ReplyDelete