10.30.2010

I love saturdays

From the moment I woke up this morning I have been singing the song "Sparks Fly"
My alarm went off @ 8, and I decided I needed more sleep.  My dad came down and knocked on my door @ 9:30.  Felt kind of nice to sleep in this morning.
I looked so tired while drinking my coffee, though.... so funny.
Lookin' droopy.... need to get ready for the day!
Tried this Advanced Chestal Cough medicine.... I think I need to give it another day.  Not sure if it's amazing yet or not.

After all the rendezvous of getting up this morning I got ready... and left with the Crane's to head to Minnesota harvest apple orchard to meet up with the Vance's!
my mom and Mrs. Vance stayed behind and talked.... while Mr. Crane, Kate, Abigail, and I all went and picked apples.  It was a thrill of a time, that's for sure!
After a while, we headed home- and stopped @ Arby's for lunch.  Ouchhhhh my stomach took a toll this afternoon.  I had a healthy salad, brocoli and oj for dinner.  Then I went to the O'Connell house to babysit!!
These are the reasons I babysit... because the parents need to be Caveman and woman.  So so so funny!!!! It was hilarious to come in the door and see them dressed like this.  They went to a Halloween party which was just great.
The boys and I blew up a ton of balloons and played soccer, don't let it touch the ground, baseball, football, ect with the balloons as we watched Bedtime Stories (I got there around 7 and they were exhausted... it was a chill night before they went to bed).
I love those boys..... then Mike came home, and we talked for a good while, and I headed home....
As I was driving home, I was listening to an older Christian song, thinking about how transparent or masked we can be.... I was reading another blog post the other day- which triggered a lot of these thoughts.
Personally, I am such a transparent person.  People tell me that all the time (whether I like being transparent, or not... i don't), but I am transparent (to at least observant people).  It's easy to read my body language and mind.  Some people, whom I wish I was like, are much harder to read; they have a mask.  Sometimes I wish I had that mask that I could cover up in, and quite being so real and needy all the time.  When you're transparent, I feel you're needy and so showy and everything is about you.  I hate that so much.  Where's my mask?
As I read this post, I was reminded of how broken I am.  Why can't I be okay with being real and showing who I REALLY am?  I am broken, you're broken, everyone's broken if we have a mask or not.  My prayer is to accept everyone as they are; broken or beautiful.... we all come from somewhere and we all break several times in life.  Why don't we acknowledge that we are broken and people who struggle with things?  Let's change our point of view.

Sorry if that was a mix of stuff and very hard to follow (my sentence structure usually doesn't make sense ever anyway).
<3R

No comments:

Post a Comment