7.21.2010

Today from the view of my cell phone.

Um... so with every given moment I have come to love this city.  I love love love it.
so here's my day through the pictures of my cell phone (so they're not great quality... but yay for bluetooth)!
Breakfast in the concierge lounge... eggs, fruit (watermelon tasted like cantaloupe...  EW), Blackstone brew (the name of our hotel's coffee... pretty good actually), and a blueberry muffin.  Great energy for the day!
We all showered, and got ready, and then walked a good distance and went to the Shedd Aquarium! It was a great experience! We loved it!
Walking back into downtown... going to get lunch.  People EVERYWHERE.  I love it!
Delicious lunch @ Mei's Kitchen.  I got a Caesar salad with shrimp and home made croutons.  A very good lunch... and it came with chop sticks and my dad taught me how to use them properly... and it was great!
My mom saw a sign saying "Any size iced coffee 99 cents 3 - 6pm..." um yeah who could pass that one up??  So my sister and I split a large.  We love dunkin.
So my phone died once we got to the Willis tower... sad day, so this picture is taken from my phone, on my camera (so terrible picture since I forgot my usb at home), but this is my family and I's feet standing on the clear glass.... I got a picture sitting down.  Weirdest thing, feels like your sitting down on air.

After that, my phone was still dead (obviously), and we walked down State St.  and all the shops... it was great fun.  We then made our way to Millennium park and saw the Amphitheater and the Chicago bean.  Then we went back to our hotel to let our feet rest for a while before dinner...
We again, for the second night in a row had a really late dinner (8pm).  Although, we had gotten hors d'oeuvres in the concierge lounge before hand... so we weren't terribly hungry, so we all appetizers.  I got a "pasta pancake" super super good.  This was at Jimmy greens.  Never heard of it until tonight... very good.
After dinner, we wanted to go to the Community orchestra back at the amphitheater that is very close to our hotel on Michigan Ave.  It was fun to listen to it in the night... so so many people.
The Chicago bean is right by the ampitheater so I had to take a picture at dusk... very pretty.  I love Chicago!
Here's the ampitheater... the coolest sculpture ever.  It was a great AND exhausting day.... so ready for tomorrow, though!
*Breakfast
*Shower
*Planetarium
*Lunch
*Little break
*Navy Pier (yeah Ashley, that's right).
*Free Art museum hours (5-8)
*Late dinner (again).
*Get ice cream at this cute place.
*Sleep.
<3 you!
~R

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love how I am mentioned in this! ahhh, I miss you, but I'm so glad that you keep finding me people :) I love the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete