7.20.2010

Driving, driving, driving...

So tomorrow my family and I are heading to CHICAGO!
I am super pumped to tour the city, and be with the family, and eat super super good food (yeah Chicago pizza, that means you). 
Although, we're driving down there (flying would make no sense), and well, no one wants to drive in the middle of no where, Wisconsin, so me... I'm going to be driving.  Most of the way.  I'll have coffee in hand, my iPod plugged into the Murano, cruise control on, and I'll just breeze through... It'll be kind of relaxing, and maybe I'll be in a mood to just tell my mom stories the whole time (especially from tonight).
Today was a great day.... I woke up, headed out to Holiday gas station to pick up a free cappuccino... and so the guy goes "You know what, it's a day late, and I don't care.  Enjoy your coffee today!"
It just made my day- to not even REALIZE the huge expiration date on the coupon, and yet, the guy was so humble in giving it to me.  It wasn't snobby.  It was sweet, and extremely considerate.  I was greatly appreciative.
Then, I headed over to the Dale house, and hung out with the girls.  We went to this boat launch that they swim at, and Hannah and I decided not to go in... it was a little muckish (and I didn't want my toe to get infected)... but then we realized that we had a pool we could go to and there we went!
After a good while, we went back, showered off, and then Meg's and I went to Target to get lunch.  Came back, made the food, ate, I cleaned up, and then I joined the people downstairs playing a restaurant game.  Pretty hilarious.
Later, I went home.  I took a 20 minute nap... drank some oj, and then put my hair up, changed, and got picked up for babysitting Ashlyn and Matthew!
It was SUCH a fun night! We went to the park... we played tons of games, and Ash's friend Abby came along to play with us.  It was great.  We headed back after a good while... and Matthew played a dirt bike game for a little bit with a friend, while Ash, Abby, and I did some mud playing and hula-hooping.  It was great fun.  Then Ash and I went back in, and then the kiddos and I watched some blooper videos on YouTube.  It was so so so funny.  Then, before I knew it the parents were home.  I love those kiddos... they are seriously some of my favs.  Ever.  
Ashlyn is on top, Abby in the middle, and me on the bottom.  We had a little fun!

Gone until Friday! I'll probably blog at nite some nights of my trip... but until then!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment