7.09.2010

thank GOODNESS it's Friday.

Today is Friday & it's sunny//a little breezy outside.  It's simply wonderful.


Currently eating a pb&j

+

Working on my Joni & Friends application.
I just have to say... I can't WAIT for Joni camp.  It is definitely a high light of my summer.
Those people know how to make the most of EVERY moment they are given... and it makes me cry.  Every year.  I am truly blessed to have a family who supports me on this trip, and I am so thankful for wonderful people up there who are just the most excited people to be up there.  Restored and renewed spirits... continuing relationships... great laughs, conversations, lectures, games, et cetera.  
Jesus looks at the heart of others... not their disability, not their flaw, not if they get around in a wheel chair or not, not if they're dumb or blind... and I want to be like Jesus.  I may be able to talk and walk, but I have flaws of my own.  And Jesus doesn't judge me there either.

I also want to tell you about some other roaming thoughts I've had...
I've been listening to this song called: Embracing Accusation by Shane & Shane.  It's a wonderful song, that talks about satan taking over our thoughts and saying "you're not good enough... you fail, you sin, you are too stupid..." - and the reality is... he's right.  We don't deserve the things we've been given.  We deserve hell, and we should give up.  He is the father of lies, and we buy into them...
 There's this amazing twist though to this song (in the bridge), and it goes a little something like this.

"Oh the devil’s singing over me
An age old song
That I am cursed and gone astray
Singing the first verse so conveniently
He’s forgotten the refrain...
Jesus saves"

Satan will tell us the things that trigger our thoughts as no hope, as giving up, as living a life of sin, of turning our backs against God... but he always forgets the last part... Jesus does save us.  There is hope.  He forgives us.  He turns things around.  He accepts us even when we turn away.  There's life after death. 

Those are my thoughts... hope you took some of them to heart!
Love you & Happy Friday!
<3,
Rebs

1 comment:

  1. I love that! Satan speaks some truth, but forgets the key thing. Well, I guess he doesn't really forget... more like strategically omits. :)

    ReplyDelete