7.23.2010

No day like today.... (yesterday and today)

Today I was in Chicago.
I am in the middle of no where Wisconsin.
My destination is Plymouth.
My heart? in Chicago.

I love love love the city.  Packing all of our stuff... my heart didn't come.  I think I have found a new home :).
These past couple of days through the eye of my cell phone....

 Breakfast Thursday morning: Eggs, strawberry jammed bread, oj, and coffee.
<3 you, Starbucks!
We ended up doing the Field museum yesterday (MUMMIES)!
After our long walk... we made it to the Navy Pier!
We ate @ Bubba Gump shrimp co! Last time we had it was in Colorado... sad sad times.
Navy Pier Ferris wheel!
Hors d'ourves.
Art museum Thursday night! AMERICAN GOTHIC.
Painting by my favorite artist... Georgia O'Keefe.
Chicago in the evening.
After the art museum it was about 8... and so we were hungry.  We wanted pizza but it was an hour wait... and immediately as we were heading to get dinner I was overwhelmed with a stomach and head ache... it wasn't the greatest.  Until we came across this diner.  I wasn't talking much when we got there, I felt light headed, took some advil, and ordered some toast... and I felt MUCH better after.  I have the greatest family for putting up with me...
Friday morning! Had to eat in our room because there were no spots in the concierge lounge.  Eggs, oj, and bread.
Medium Vanilla latte got me moving this morning... plus a super good nights sleep.  We went to the Planetarium today.  I could've stayed there for HOURS.
The view of Lake Michigan on our walk to the Planetarium!
Bye-bye amazing hotel! We will definitely miss you!

so... this is what I've been doing the past few days.  I got me some dunkin' before we left, and now we are in the middle of Wisconsin and I'm a thinking it would be a great time to eat that donut... Love you!
xoxo,
R

1 comment: