5.03.2010

Some thoughts. Some pictures.

So I promised some pictures from my birthday! Here they are!


Here's me and Sunni! I love this picture... and look how beautiful she looks! (As always).



This was before anyone came over... with a few exceptions :).  But the sun was just gorgeous, and we had to get a few pictures outside.  Also, I kinda look weird... yeah that's because I couldn't see very well with all the wind and the sun.  Ha ha.



So who is sixteen??



Me and Sonia! What a doll!



Me and Kate.  She is so so sweet.



Me and Ashley.  She has a beautifulllll heart.



She got me good smelling bubbles.  1) bubbles are my favorite
2) who can pass up STRAWBERRY smelling bubbles? I mean, come on!

Well, now that you've seen some pics... I want to address some thoughts that have been reoccurring with me lately...
  • I have fallen in love with this song called Shadowfeet by Brooke Fraser.
  • Lately, I have been listening to it, not because it has been applying to me, but because it has triggered endless thoughts of the rock we live on...
  1. We have been divinely created, and CHOSEN by this amazing God to live on this earth, although, this life doesn't always have the prettiest things to offer us.  Sometimes, things that we don't want to live with so we decide it's time for it to end (meaning our life).  
  2. The line of the chorus in this song is completely selfless, and in FULL surrender to our Lord... "When the world is falling out from under me, I'll be FOUND in you, still STANDING..."  Brooke Fraser puts this into such a context that this world and this life isn't about us.  The things we go through aren't ABOUT US.  We have taken this life and made it all about us.  Now please please do not get me wrong.  Trials hurt, life hurts, and I won't take that lightly.  I am not saying we need to be ignorant that people are hurting.  But sometimes... I think we've lost all hope and we won't try anything more because of what we've thought of this life.  We've said... nope I've tried everything.  And we really haven't.
  3. I personally, have been distracted, pulled away, and been tested by God.  Life can be difficult.  And it's way more difficult without a rock to stand on when the rug is being pulled out from under you and you can't stand under that... You're going flying and in which ever direction.  You don't know what to believe anymore.  You start doubting and getting more worn out and tired than ever.  God makes everything alive... and that's what I know from experience, and what I believe.  He is there to hold us when everything is being pulled and shaken from us.
Maybe some of these thoughts seem unfinished and incomplete, but I just wanted to share what I had been pondering the past few weeks.  It has been an encouragement to me, and also a motivator to keep moving even when life is hard or there's just a bunch of homework on your back... no matter what God is there standing and holding you tight.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart.  Lean not on YOUR own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths STRAIGHT."
-This is one of the verses//songs we do for the kids @ Northern Pines.  I love love love this one.  So do the kids.  

I hope you all have a BEAUTIFUL week!

No comments:

Post a Comment