5.07.2010

I am lovely

 "There are things you've struggled with all your life--self-doubt, anger, depression, shame, addiction, fear.  You probably thought that those were your fault, too.  But they are not. They came from the Enemy who wanted to take your heart captive, make you a prisoner of darknesss.  To be sure, we complied.  We allowed those strongholds to form when we mishandled our wounds and made those vows.  but Jesus has forgiven us for all of that, and now he wants to set us free." (Captivating).


I know I have put this quote in one of my blog posts before.  I felt the need to do it again.  Because we are called into his love and his beauty.  We are captivating.  I need this reminder... let's just say a lot.  I need to know that I am forgiven.  I mess up a lot.  I screw up and I tear myself apart because of it.  And sometimes... I just need to come back to quotes like this.  We think all these things are our fault.  We're shamed, and we don't want to live life because we're sick of what WE'VE committed and done.  We've messed up.  And as a woman, that is hard.  It stays and brews in our minds.  It taunts us.  It won't leave.  It won't go.  We say to leave and be cast away... but there it lays.  Until we let GOD deal with it.  
We need to let GOD forgive us and let him FREE us from our failures.  From our sins.  From our shame and our addiction.  Our silly fears.  Our darkness.  God, why has satan TAKEN AHOLD OF MY LIFE?

That life is over.  That life is long gone... if we let God take it and deal with it.  God's power has the strength and touch to destroy satans schemes and little tricks to make us look like idiots.  

I know I have been blogging a lot these past few days... but some of these thoughts I feel someone else needs to hear.  Love and PeAcE this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment