3.30.2010

Sometimes we're wrong

Today I was reminded of an obvious, yet an important lesson.
I was getting an item @ cub foods.  A stick of deodorant
(I know great lesson, right?)
"Hey, she looks kind of grouchy" me
"Maybe she's nice... I bet she is" friend
I stereo typed.
"This is all for you today?" clerk
"Yes maam" me
"Thanks for making my day... light and easy." 
(with a sweet smile) -clerk

She was a super nice lady.
Now you're probably saying//asking.... Rebe how could you be so rude or blind?
Well, I was blinded and hard hearted to someone I didn't even know.
I looked at her features.  
Not internally.
She was a super sweet lady.  Someone I was honored to talk to.

Taking time:
-Do we take the time to look deeper?
-Do we allow God to show us sometimes that we're wrong?
-Will we admit that we are wrong?
-Do we ask God to open our hearts to someone//something we are doubting or don't have much of a desire to do?
  • Sometimes we need to take more time than we think we have
  • We are called to serve those in need
  • We need to obey and love those whom are unloveable - or we doubt
So the next time you go to a grocery store, a restaurant, movie theater, ect, don't stereo type people just because of what they do for a living, what they look like... but take a little more time than usual and get to know them.  Get to know their internal beauty.

Updates:

My knee is doing great! Last night I went for my first legit bike ride (on a real bike that moves).  The first week out of surgery they had me on the non-moving bike, but very slow and it was just an effort to get my legs to move the full circle.  I was very thankful for the breeze, and the beautiful sunset at my sight. 
In this picture my scar doesn't look much different from former pictures... but I cannot tell you how much healing is coming from this surgery.  I am so thankful for all the prayers, the sweet calls and just caring of others who ask how my knee is doing.... it has truly been a blessing.

 

I'm kind of a strange child.  And I'm on spring break.  What else would I be doing but being silly? I'm just joking.  But it has been SO nice to sleep in and relax.  On Sunday night I had forgotten to turn my school alarms.  So Monday morning @ 5:20 my phone went off...... of course I thought as to who would be calling me, to find only it was my alarm.  Thank goodness I knew it was spring break... so I switched my two alarms off and slept a good long while.  I am learning that sleep is a wonderful and beautiful thing.  Something that has felt extremely unfamiliar.

Tonight:
-Watch some Gilmore Girls
-Read some more Last Light by: Terri Blackstock (good book)!!!!
-Go to sleep

peace out & i LoVe you!

No comments:

Post a Comment