3.10.2010

getting ready for spring!


Today seemed a little hard, and tiring at first, but it turned out to be a wonderful day when I looked at the outlook of everything.  SA coffee to start us off, seeing the buddies at school, and then... what I was fretting all day... needing to run...
Now, I have been enjoying running very much.  Although, yesterday was the day that was marked for me to run.  Of course, I talked myself out of it.  I told myself I was too tired (I would make myself much more tired), you have too much to do, you can't do it...
I found myself in a sea of lies when I accomplished this task this afternoon!
Smiling the whole way, I keep striving, it felt GREAT on this rainy, cold day.
Total Minutes: 27
Plan:
walk (1 min)
run (7 min)
walk (1 min)
run (7 min)
walk (1 min)
run (7 min)
walk (3 min)

I was AMAZED at how much I was able to keep my energy and boost up!
Even though, this may not seem like a lot of time... it's my plan for my knee, and it's harder when you haven't run since August.  It feels great to keep adding up minutes every other day!
::What I also love about running:
-It's so easy to eat well
-It makes me feel productive, and do productive things
-I smile my way through it
-It's more of a connecting time with God//a time to think

Also, on Monday marked my 12 week marker from surgery//I'm mid-way! aka, my knee is at it's weakest point.  Although, this is also the point where we start really working the knee in various things... phase five (my last phase... and i'll be working on this until June 20th or so).  This also includes much running... yeah!!!




On Friday I have a Julius Caesar test.
I've been studying it a lot tonight... I got called off from doing games for pre-schoolers + I didn't go to youth group (yeah, I know homework isn't an excuse)...
Alas, this test is big, and looking at my schedule the rest of the week blew me out.  
It still hasn't made me get away from my devotions time.
This week God has been teaching me much about Hebrews 12, as I have been reading it throughout this week.  I am loving it! 
"Therefore since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up.  And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us."  Hebrews 1:12

Now I am just finishing up my homework//studying for tonight.  Much more tomorrow.  And watching the cinnamon rolls rise in the oven for tomorrow mornings breakfast at school! && Always the night can end with a delicious cup of tea.  Sweet Dreams Herb Tea.  
And on that note... I am going to sleep.  What a day, what a night.  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment