3.02.2010

Reaching up with every day...


Getting ready to run.  My plan has been working great for me the past couple of weeks!
Since I tore my acl in August, I haven't been able to run.
Until last Monday.
It was amazing.
I got myself on that treadmill and promise you, I couldn't stop smiling!
I used to hate running with a passion.
Miles and endless pointlessness.
However, this opinion has changed.




My scar has been healing wonderfully.
I rub it gently back and forth + put vitamin E on it.  
I have another scar on the top of my knee, although, it's a very tiny incision, but it is healing very well, too.


Endless tunes by Hillsong United London && Switchfoot are a wonderful boost when I'm feeling a little tired to keep moving on.  Thank goodness for music.  
It gets my adrenals going from start to finish! 




For ten to fifteen minutes after I have to ice it//elevate it.  
Smart temp = 15 dollars at Target & it is the best cold//hot pack I have EVER used in my life!
We got it for right after my surgery for a cooling supply, but, I've used it in any case I need it, and it stays cold and hot for a good long while.  It's great.

---


I have been working with a running plan from Tria Orthopedics Center (where I had my surgery done).
Each day the plan takes away a minute I walk, and adds a minute I run.  Although, this plan has me run for a day, rest a day.  Today I hit the point where I walk a minute, and I ran four minutes.  Doesn't seem very long, but when you do multiple repetitions of that, and if you haven't run for a while, you need some boosts along the way.  I am amazed at how far I have come along, and I'm thankful for all the things I've been able to do.

Also, I have been seeing how much better I want to eat after I run.  A banana, crasins, or pistacios are a wonderful treat after running.  
Tonight's plans: eat a cup of my mom's chili + oyster crackers for dinner.  Take a shower.  Finish my biology.  Do something productive.  Make a bed time snack, a fruity smoothie.  Head to bed.


I hope you all have a blessed week!
<3 rebE

No comments:

Post a Comment