3.29.2010

the feeling so unfamiliar

As you may know from my last post (I believe), that I am on spring break.
No school.
No work.
Sleeping past 5:45.
Reading until 2 am.
Lunches and Coffee with no study involved.
This feeling... is so unfamiliar.
Even from Christmas break.  I felt like it was just enough work to get out of bed (because of my surgery) + I would wake up no later than 7 am because of pain, or just because my body was not used to all the stuff that was going on.
This feeling has been so far from me.
And here it is, right in front of my face.
What do I do with all this time?


So I had a little fun with the mac.  
I will be doing many things with my time:
*Reading
*Sleeping (a lot)
*Running
*Seeing a movie 
*BABYSITTING
*Going out to lunch
*Going to Easter service
*Staying up late
--And I know there is so much more over this time I spend @ home--



I have been counting my blessings the past few nights... Just through some hard things that have come, and gone.  I want to say that I am very thankful for numerous things:
-Coffee and little kids
-Music
-Taking pictures
-Seeing hilarious cousins + family
-Having my mom bring home more china than we own from her parents (all of our plates, bowls, ect are china).
-Knowing you can sleep in
-Having no bed time
-Spending time with the people I love
-Laughing the guts out
-Having time to think
-Having time in general
-Skype
-A place to live
-A place to sleep every night
-Food @ my finger tips all the time
-Water and other unnecessary beverages
-Moisturizer
-Not being scared of killing a spider
-Having the ability to play my guitar whenever needed
-Pandora radio
-My family + friends

Many of those things are unnecessary in life, and irrelevant, but it shows how much sometimes I need to cut down and live with just the things I need.
I have clothes.  I have a place to live.  I have my family (WHAT A BLESSING).  I have food.  I have water.  I have a bed.  And I have way many more things that I've just wanted than needed.  I don't need a fan for bed time (even if it helps me fall asleep).  I don't need a computer.  I don't need a desk.  I don't need many things.  Even though a lot of times I don't think I could "survive" without these things.  The ugly truth of many of us...
I just want to say I'm thankful.  I am thankful for so many things.

Live in harmony this week.
Peace,

reeb

No comments:

Post a Comment