6.06.2010

Times.

This morning I went to Renovation church with a family I'm close to.
It was a blast... to see people I love and hear a super good sermon done by: David Sorn.
On the ride back the mom in the family said we should listen to her pandora in the car... I love love love pandora.  Anyway, we were driving along, talking about random stuff, and came across was a song that was familiar to me.  No one else knew it, but I recognized it and asked if it was "Times" By: Tenth Avenue North.  Turns out, it  was.

I love some of the lyrics in the song....

"its underneath, its inside, its in between
the times you doubt me, when you can't feel
the times that you've questioned 'is this for real?'
the times you've broken, the times that you mend
the times you hate me and the times that you bend
well my love is over, its underneath
its inside, its in between,
these times you're healing
and when your heart breaks
the times that you feel like you've fallen from grace
the times you're hurting
the times that you heal
the times you go hungry and are tempted to steal
in times of confusion and chaos and pain
im there in your sorrow under the weight of your shame
im there through your heartache
im there in the storm
my love i will keep you by my power alone
i dont care where you've fallen, where you have been
i'll never forsake you
my love never ends, it never ends"

This song comforts me.
This song lets me know... In any type of point I'm at, there's something the Lord is doing in taking my broken pieces and putting them so gently back together.
This day has been a blessing to me.
I woke up late, I felt rushed... I got to this church, had some coffee & a donut... the worship started, and my eyes filled with tears.  This week has been a long one for me, but this comfort and handing my life over to God has been His sign of LOVE to me.

Lord,
I'm broken in my life... Build my strength, let me trust in you, when I'm tempted, let me feel your grace.  Bless the kids that I work with, and that I love.  Let them see that YOU love them more than anyone.
I love you, bless this day.
Your unfaithful child,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment