6.13.2010

Meandering thoughts...

My mind has been wandering on this topic for a while, so as I eat my peach, here goes nothing.....
I have heard the line (and said to myself and others so many times) "I'm so alone... why doesn't ANYONE go through//understand the experience I am going through?" 
Life isn't a great thing to know that you're the only one within your friend group that has done or said _________.
I've done some stupid things in my life.
I've felt like the only one who has done those stupid things.
And it's such a skewed statistic.
A book that I've read: "Captivating" talks about the woman, and unveiling her heart.
A great # of women have a very tough time with self esteem, and self image.
And they feel alone.
Two of five women struggle with self image on a more severe level.
All women have insecurities.
Everyone has insecurities.
It's shocking.  Things like anorexia, bulimia, et cetera are going on every day.... and these women feel like they're the only one's struggling in this area.
A woman's heart is fragile.  You can send a lady crying in her pillow for weeks, or extremely pissed off at you... (or a mix of both).   A woman's heart holds onto every word.  It's hard to brush things off.
Here's the cross roads.
99.99% of the time with no map.
A woman would rather die, than feel alone.
Even when the stats, and others say she's not.
No one has really taken her aside to let her know someone truly cares.
A woman would rather die.
She'll do anything to get there, too.
It's her mission.

Who's going to care.
Who's going to listen when she's frustrated, and quit.
Who's going to.
These statistics are skewed, and not right...
Our generation's mission is to change that.
Our generation's mission is to love others.
Our generation's mission is to not be like the others.
We have the potential, and tools,
What will we do with them?.........

No comments:

Post a Comment