6.11.2010

I'm done holding these regrets.

 "There are things you've struggled with all your life--self-doubt, anger, depression, shame, addiction, fear.  You probably thought that those were your fault, too.  But they are not. They came from the Enemy who wanted to take your heart captive, make you a prisoner of darknesss.  To be sure, we complied.  We allowed those strongholds to form when we mishandled our wounds and made those vows.  but Jesus has forgiven us for all of that, and now he wants to set us free." -Captivating: Stasi Eldredge 


"Yet I'm still afraid to tell you all I've done.  Are you done forgiving?
....My love is over, it's underneath, it's inside it's in between....
...The times that you feel like you've fallen from grace." - Times: Tenth Avenue North


I've talked much about the book "Captivating" -more specifically that quote.
That quote is my favorite.  The enemy sees us, and wants to take and DESTROY us.
And so many times I'll end up saying//thinking... "I'm so stupid I did _______."  "I feel so guilty about ______."  "Why did I say '_______'?"
I hold all these regrets and imperfections inside, and they stir around in my mind.... satan likes it when I brew on things like this.....
The thing is, God isn't done forgiving.  God's NEVER done forgiving.  God's there when we've fallen and failed.  God's love is everywhere.  - The song "Times" by Tenth avenue north I blogged about a few days ago.... check it out.  But anyway, it's a great song.  It talks about all these times that we feel alone, or feel like nothing is going right.  Times when things are going great.  God doesn't disappear then... God's always there.
And the funny thing is.... we always worry about telling God the things that we have failed at.
God sees what we've done.  God knows what we've done.  God doesn't hold that against us when we repent.  God turns his back to it.  It is in his memory no more.

I surrendered my wounds.  I surrendered the times satan has taken my heart, and torn it apart.  I placed those pieces back to God.  He fixed my heart.  And now He holds it, as the greatest treasure.
... Still time to time, I have to do this.  I need to hand back the control, hand back my broken heart... the amazing thing - God takes it back every time.
Who holds you heart today?
<3


I think i'm going to fall asleep to some tenth avenue north now.... peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment