9.23.2010

SLOW DOWN.

God has this amazing way of making me worry, and relieving me... and reminding me that I need to calm down, slow down, and just take a few deep breaths, and go on with my day. 
Well, this morning I woke up to my mom's knock @ 7:25.  I should have been out the door at that time.
Thank the Lord I had my lunch, clothes set out, water in the fridge, ect ready to go.
Anyway, I brewed my coffee, took a banana & a power bar my mom gave me, and hurried out the door.
My mom followed me to the car and before I turned on the engine she said to me... "Just take a few deep breaths.  You will get there when you get there."  I told her I loved her, and shut the door and started the engine.  And as she said... I took a few deep breaths, and reduced my stress level.
I got to school with four minutes to get to class.  I put my stuff away, and hurried to chemistry.
Today went great... many laughs (rollie pollie ollie), and I got a lot accomplished.
The extremely rainy school day came to an end... with our game vs. Fridley canceled, and a group of 5 of us went to Caribou for a little while.  I did some homework, and went home.  I looked for my wallet... no sign.  I thought I had put it in my bag that morning, but no sight.  Gone.  Vanished.  I checked my car a million times, and no sight.  I checked high and low in my house, a million times.  None.  I started to cry... and I finally admitted to my mom I had lost my wallet.  I was expecting disappointment, and a lecture of how I lose EVERYTHING (I had pretty much assumed at this point that the thing had been stolen)...
Instead, my mom told me.... "Breath.  Take a deep breath.  Where do you remember last having it?"
I was blown away... and I calmed down.  I explained to her the scenario, and I started to look again.  I went back to my car, looked again, and I still didn't find it.  Just as I was going in my house, I looked to my left, and something caught my eye.  It was my wallet.  Left on my shelf of basketballs and other miscellaneous stuff in my garage... there was my wallet.  Left alone.  I must have placed it there last night after I had parked the car way too far over since my mom's car wasn't there... and so I got back in the car to re-park.  And must have left it there... That all to say, I need to slow down.  Calm down.  And be a little more responsible and less distracted.  
I am constantly reminded of slowing down... my first grade teacher, Mr. Meyer's always told my parents that I rushed through things.  What a wise man... I do need to slow down.  I do need to practice being calm.  Things don't get solved over hyper-ventilating or reacting out.  I just need to bring it down, and God will always have a plan under it all. 

Anyway, I'm done with homework.  I'm going to relax & get ready for Friday, go to bed early just because I can, and write back to Susan.
I <3 you!

2 comments:

  1. Me gusta. This is so applicable, all the time. We have such a tendency as American teens to just fly through everything, don't we!? Craziness. Love you girlie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ashley e- heck yes! i wish i could enjoy stuff more. i love you, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete