9.27.2010

exhausted. burned out. ...thankful

I drove to school today, weary, exhausted, and stressed out.
I am surrounded but such amazing friends that help distract me from the negatives in life, and I am thoroughly thankful.  By 6th hour, spanish, I was sleeping.  So tired.  
Then fifteen minutes into 7th hour we got early dismissal to go to Meadow Creek.  
The game went very well...we didn't win, but the girls played super hard.
Anyway, after a subway stop, we made it back to school.  I hopped in my car and drove home... and started to tear up.  To me, it was quite clear why at first I was crying.  I was just crying, and all of these people at stop lights were looking at the crying kid.  I soon figured out that I'm tired, stressed and super upset at one of my teachers.  I have this test on wednesday, and this teacher just decides to move on to the next chapter when we haven't even had the chapter 1 and 2 test yet.  So frustrating.  
That really was the factor of the outcome of my day; I was rather pissed off.
Anyway, i got home, took a shower, drank some soy milk, and calmed down.  Then, I pulled up one of my friends' blogs, and she listed some things she was thankful for.  This was kind of a reality check for me today.  Coming home from a super long day, stressed, and ticked off, this asked me what I could be thankful for today.
 -The beautiful sunset on the drive home
-All these encouraging texts from my dad today
-Friends who listen to you ramp on about how pissed you are
-A house to live in, and come home to.
-Warm showers, and herbal tea.
-A mighty God who can do what he wants- but also takes care of us.
There's so much to be thankful for... and I have missed the point today, until now.  Tomorrow I am going to start off more precise.

Now, I am focusing for an hour, and then going straight to bed.
Tuesday is coming, and Tuesday can be a better day.
<3R

1 comment:

  1. Food rinsers, all. Whoops that's not what I meant to type,but it's funny so I'll leave it... I MEANT to say, good reminders, all. I needed to hear that today!

    ReplyDelete