4.26.2011

my lesson to you today..

you are going to learn something today, from someone who has been dishonest, untrustworthy, and failed to meet the mark. many times.
please please please listen to your parents. if they tell you to do something, just do it. do not make assumptions in your mind that if you have done it a number of times that you do not need to do it anymore. it will make you suffer expensive, and emotional consequences. it. sucks. so please please please do not go against anything your parents say. they. will. not. trust. you.
and here's the bad part: if you do not have a good past with trust, it is even harder. so the younger you can get your parents to trust you, the better. i have always kind of been a rebel since i was little..so that is not for my cause.
now, if you are like me, and you do not have an amazing trust record with your parents (i mean, i love my parents, but my past is not as pretty as they would wish), please remember you have grace to lean back on. sometimes i think God comes in the weirdest ways. last night my prayer was however you need to reveal yourself to me, and get my attention, please do it.
and well..here it is. i definitely got a wake up call. i can only learn from the things i have done wrong.
please remember that you have righteous grace to lean on. remember that you can be washed clean, and that you can not beat yourself up forever. i get angry with myself when things turn out this way..and i am still angry..but i am remembering the grace i have to lean on. i have to get back up again.
yes..hearing your parents say "you have proved yourself not trustworthy again" sucks..but it gives me more of a reason to do better. now.

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
~Ephesians 6:1-4

He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest on me. Therefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in injuries, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then am I strong.

~2 Corinthians 12:9-10

xoxo,
rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment