5.02.2011

reflecting again.

well i know it is 5/2 and it is like a million peoples' birthday today..(including mine)..i officially turned 17 @ 709 tonight. and i had a great group of people help me celebrate that! (i will make another blog post about that some other time).

i..am going to talk about something a little more important.
osama bin laden.
i got a text last night while i was journaling..about to go to sleep. my sister told me to turn the news on. head lines every where. announcements constantly. it was a something that usa was praising over.
that...on the the other hand was not my first reaction.
i did not praise. i did not rejoice. as many of you know..i do not condone war. my family does not condone war (with a few exceptions) but..it is just not something we think is even worth it.
yes, this man caused pain and heartache and death to our country. yes, that is not right. yes, that is wrong. yes..it is hard to even digest that..
but as a christian..i don't think we're to rejoice over someones death..especially if odds are bin laden is in hell today.
people were outside the white house last night cheering..drinking..holding their pride in usa. sinning.
all of this is leading us into more destruction? can we not see? of course not, we are BLINDED!
i am going to pose this question..answer in comments if you would like..and you can disagree if you have a differing opinion.
here's my question: why are we so judging and condescending of others...praising their death..when we ultimately deserve death just as rightfully?
when we do stuff like this we are basically putting sins at different levels (that is a different conversation and i think that is true to some degree)..but sin is sin people! if i steal my friends' pencil i deserve death. God created each man in his own image. i do not care if they are muslim, islamic...from the middle east...chinese..God made every individual different..each of our minds are created with His divine power..and I just do not understand how we can rejoice over someone's death who has been created in God's image.
I am still wrestling with this..and it is hard to know that there is a high risk of retaliation, too. this cycle seems to never end. and that's why my ultimate wish is for nuclear weapons to be abolished...because they are abolishing us.
Please comment! I would love to hear your thoughts.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I am a sinner. I deserve nothing but death. And I agree. It's not something I rejoice at. I just kind of accept it. I'm glad for the end to his evil, and I know that he will be judged by God for his sins, but it is not my choice whether he dies or lives.

    ReplyDelete