4.22.2011

time on the road..

i have had quite the adventures!
on wednesday i left school @ 1220. i drove home, drove to the airport, checked some bags, went through security, got some starbucks, and got on the airplane! my dad + i flew into KC. we got a new jeep and drove down to the little towns of Bolivar and springfield. We decided to take a quick car tour of SBU. so we got off the exit of Bolivar and toured the small city. The biggest things in town (besides the university) include: Walmart and Sonic. We then headed 30 more minutes south to Springfield. We unpacked, I showered, and we went to bed.
Yesterday I had to wake up @ 645 (pretty much a normal school day), my dad had kindly gotten me a starbucks, though. I got ready, and we headed up to Bolivar to meet the Cranes for breakfast. We ate at Brenda's cafe. Then Kate and I asked how Bolivar was actually pronounced...and it's like Boliver. Crazy concept. I could not get over it.
After that, us four went for a walk around the town. We enjoyed our nice little morning walk around the little town. We took many pictures..ect. Then we went over to SBU and we had a tour! it was great to see the whole campus where I may spend four years of my life. I met with the Admissions counselor..she was so nice. Her name is Rebekah and she answered so many of my questions. Super nice lady. Then we walked up to the Education and Psychology building and my dad and I talked to mrs. boen (the education professor) and she gave us a lot of information. Then she gave us a tour of the building. Loved it! Then all four of us met up again for lunch. After that we went to the bookstore and got some SBU apparel. After that Kate and I got a tour of Leslie and Beasley hall. And then we left and went to sonic for half off cherry limeades! mmm. i haven't had one of those in like 2 years. mm mm mm. after that we went back to our hotels, changed, and then the Cranes met us at our hotel, and we went out into the thunderstorm to drive around Springfield. And it is legitimately a city. We found an antique store, and our purchases included: crazy head bands, a Tigger shirt, and a unique necklace. Pretty cheap, pretty fun. Then we went to picklemans for dinner. Ate up, and then went to a theater and watched Soul surfer. It was worth it. I liked it. We headed back to the hotel, I showered, and I read some Gatsby..and fell asleep in the process. I. Was. So. Tired. My dad woke me up at 7 this morning and had coffee and a muffin for me..I got ready, packed up the last of my stuff and we headed out. We are now on the road..reading some gatsby..about only 2 more hours until we are in Lawrence! I am excited to see the city! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!
Then tomorrow morning we will leave for KC and we will fly home! I have loved my trip!
Tomorrow includes: unpacking, CLEANING, ralia soccer..reflecting on jesus..
then easter sunday service..looking for my easter basket : )), and then the famILY is coming over! and then after all of those festivities...tie dye party @ the VOLD HOUSE!!! so excited. anyway..i am loving my rainy drive.

here are some pics:


xoxo..peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment