12.30.2010

Thankful.

Today I have a heart of thanks.... my emotions have been every which way today. Weird feelings.
I went to go babysit, and I got to paint a three yr old's toe nails. Then I got picked up by my sister (and cousin) and drove to my other cousins house which was on the way from Stacey's.
We arrived there, got all of the stuff packed in the truck, and I started the ignition, and started backing up. All the snowboards and crap was in the way, and the driveway was at a slant, and I drove right into the snow bank. I put the car into drive and tried to get out. Fail.
I hopped out of the car just bawling. I felt so awful.
They started to shovel me out, tried to move the car and nothing was happening. It was only getting worse.
My dad finally came up, the hook to the murano and the other side to the truck. Yes, the murano is lighter, smaller, and not strong looking- but it is powerful, four wheel drive, and a life saver. My cousin hopped in the truck and my dad in the murano and within an instant they were out of there- and didn't even hit the tree or nothing!
It was such a blessing to have family who supports me in my worst failures... and stupidities. My aunt was helping me feel so much better when I was crying and putting myself down.... my dad hugged me the moment he got there and it was ok. no one was upset, we still got to powder ridge, and no one was a dip stick. they were mature, sweet, and extremely willing to help. I am beyond thankful. I love my family.

Love,
Rebs

No comments:

Post a Comment