12.20.2010

Feeling safe?

One of my all time favorite bands lately came out with a single on iTunes (their first EVER)!!!! I am absolutely in love with the song. Amazing.
There's a line, though, that goes a little something like this: "I wanna jump right in, right where we left off, I am not afraid, in fact I've never felt so safe...."

i am easily afraid of what will happen. i am afraid of what others will think of my past. i am afraid that i'll mess up the present. i have all of these fears of things that God has so beautifully created.... i am afraid of things that contain evil, and yet still may be in the beautiful path of my life. i am afraid.

i've been holding back to which is maybe a risk.... but maybe a risk worth taking.
am i truly living?
what is a life if you're not willing to risk. what is a life where you're worried all the time. what is a life without trusting, trusting God.

i'm sick of the life i was living.... in the middle. i'm going to jump back in. i'm going to trust and put my life back into the hands of my God... and feel safe again.

<3R

1 comment:

  1. What is true faith without risk? Live on the edge of risk, becasue that is a display of your faith.

    ReplyDelete