12.22.2010

Pride

On Sunday night I was at the Foty house.... hanging out, playing some games, and simply catching up. It was around 10:30 and I was up in Sunni's room figuring out her bluetooth... when I finished with that I decided it was time for me to go home. I went downstairs, put on my coat and then Asha asked if I could show her some tips about the Barnes and noble nook. I showed her some neat tips, and then Wendy and I just chatted it up. The topic of prayer for one another was brought up, and then she added a very thought provoking, heart moving statement said by her sister in law, "Rejecting someones request to pray for you is pride." That rocked my world.

*So many times we think we can do this life on our own. We reject when people ask to pray for us. We are prideful and that needs to change.

*If you're not comfortable sharing with someone don't be detailed. Tell them just to pray for you... that's seriously as simple as it has to be.

*Take advantage of the powerful work of prayer. People want to help you, me, her... Accept the kindness given to you.

I have been so convicted of this... honestly I am one of those people who shuts some people down for aking how they can pray for me. That attitude must change....They can only help me.

<3R

No comments:

Post a Comment