12.06.2010

Grace

As you know, I recently changed my blog headline to "Walking with grace" -- As in, I am done with walking by myself and letting my head get to my heart and get down and wrong.  I am walking with grace by my side... lifting me up each time.  I have this great friend, who acts as my driver around town sometimes, but we listen to good music, talk good talks, and work out (and get sore).  The past few days we have had various reasons to go to different places and I have noticed the song "Grace" by Laura Story on several times.  I love this song so much.
My favorite line is: "Instead of trying to repay you I'm learning to simply obey you."
God doesn't say that following Him is easy, but God promises that He will always give us the tools we need to accomplish the obedience path laid out for us so beautifully.  We will be tempted, trialed, hurt, upset, frustrated, but what will you do? Will you give into those things and let those nonsense feelings get to your head (and your heart)?
Sometimes, the ugly truth is, it will.  We are human, the simple truth is that we will fall short, and that's where this walking with grace thing comes in.  This will pick us up again.  We can try harder next time.  Grace should give us perseverance and renewing.  

Peace & love.

No comments:

Post a Comment