8.25.2010

Ask, seek, knock... pray

This morning I awoke at my friends house, whom I slept over at last night.  
We had to wake up early, because she had a scrimmage tournament this morning @ Ralia.  She amazes me, a lot.
I was talking to this girl last night, and I am so blessed to see her faith has grown this summer... i don't know what will happen and where life will take her when this school year starts, but right now I know she has made some changes.  She has asked for forgiveness, and asked me to pray for her in strength.  It has been an encouraging thing for me to personally see.

Anyway, this morning I was home around 7:30, and I decided to jump in the shower.  Change, and get ready for the day.  I cracked open my bible as the coffee was brewing, I prayed that God would show me some things that I had been missing in my life.  "Ask and it will be given to you, SEEK and you will find, knock and the door will be open to you."
I found these things are possible through prayer.  Asking God the things we need.  Having a prayer of finding God in every way.  Praying as in, knocking to come into the kingdom of heaven today, and be in the light today, because everyday is a choice.  You have to make it.
This summer I have learned a lot about prayer, and Hannah from the old Testament, and it has just trained me to pray more.  Whenever I am weak, pray.  Whenever I am strong, pray.  Whenever I am feeling good, bad, discouraged, encouraged, broken, distant, blessed.... pray.
I was @ Joni camp last week, and in our small group discussions we had a question that came up that enclosed.... "Is it easier to trust God when life is easy, or hard?" I didn't answer right away, fully knowing my answer, and listened to most everyone's answer... and every answer until mine was easy.  I explained that it is easier for me to trust God in the hard times, because I have a pride fall.  I realize that I am not right, and that there is nothing else to hold on to, and I need something, and I need Jesus.  In the easy parts of life, I feel like I can do everything myself.  I feel like I am king of the world, and I kind of push God off to the side.  I see myself not as much engaged in worship, in youth group, in church even.  I feel that life is all about me.  It's in those hard times that I see I am only human.
I have realized that in every circumstance I need to keep close to God and that I need to pray.  In those hard times, and also in those easy times.  I need to ask, seek, and knock every day, and make that choice to follow God.
In my room, above my door, there is a reminder for me EVERY day, that I see as I go out of my room, and I wake up and go to bed... it says...
So... today, pray.  God wants to chat with you!

I am currently now:
Listening to John mayer- where the light is (thank you, Ashley).
Reading Great Expectations (I'm plowing through it, YES)!
And... enjoying that I just vacuumed.  I love vacuuming.
But... I love you more!
<3R

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love you Rebe. And I love your thoughts and encouragement. Prayer is so vital, isn't it. You make good points, and I love reading them!

    ReplyDelete