11.27.2010

Unhealthy infatuations

Hello fellow blog readers,
Today is Saturday and I love Saturday.  I am rather sad, though, that tomorrow is Sunday and that means things need to get done for school to start up again for 3 weeks straight.
Also, my mother and I will be not only dropping my sister off at the airport, but also my dad.  My dad is gone alllllll week.  Hate that.
My family, though, will be reunited very soon.

Anyway, the word infatuated is rather a humorous word.  
A lot of you know the meaning of this word- obsessed; in love with.  A friend of mine is infatuated with CSI.  I have another infatuated with this Norwegian boy (I hear about these things 24/7).  
Sometimes I think these things are rather unhealthy.  I judge them before I judge myself.
I'm infatuated with things myself.  Not necessarily healthy things either.
Sometimes I think I'm too infatuated with working (babysitting).  I book myself Friday, Saturday, and Sunday every weekend with babysitting.  Should I really let myself do that?
There is rarely a day on the weekend where I am not babysitting.  
 Unhealthy.

 I want to be infatuated in God.  I have been finding myself not reading my Bible because I'm too tired at night.  I don't allow myself to get spiritually rich.  Unhealthy.
It's bringing me down, too.  I notice a change in my attitude, health, motivations, actions and time with people.  It's unhealthy infatuations.
How do I have time for other things and "none" for the God who has given me so many opportunities (like these)?
Without this amazing Father I wouldn't be doing any of this.  Can't I take time to honor Him and thank Him for what He's done? All these things are unhealthy infatuations if I don't have Him in the middle of everything.  Things are way too out of proportion without Him in the middle of my babysitting, music, words, homework, reading, relationships, ect.  

Where can we put God in the middle?

No comments:

Post a Comment