6.24.2011

Psalm 32.

this morning i woke up (later for once...930..haha). I got my coffee brewing, I got my Bible and journal out and I read Psalm 32 (or part of it). I was never familiar with this passage before, and I love how the ESV puts it. 
Psalm 32:1-7
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven,
whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man against whom the Lord
counts no iniquity,
and in whose spirit there is no deceit.
For when I am kept silent, my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.
For day and night your hand was heavy
upon me;
my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer.
Selah

I acknowledged my sin to you,
and I did not cover my iniquity;
I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,"
and you forgave the iniquity of my sin.
Selah

 Therefore let everyone who is godly 
offer a prayer to you at a time when you
 may be found;
surely in the rush of great waters,
they shall not reach him.
You are a hiding place for me;
you preserve me from trouble;
you surround me with shouts of deliverance.  
Selah
--Psalm 32:1-7

This passage encouraged me. It encouraged me to tackle and admit my sin RIGHT after it happens. I remember my bible teacher talking this year, and he said..."You know how after you sin you feel like you have to wait a while until you confess?" --It is SO TRUE! I have felt that way countless times. I feel like I have to wait until the next day...or week...or month...or even year. No, gosh no, right after you sin you can talk directly to God...seeking forgiveness and strength to try harder. I think that is the biggest issue that I had when I was struggling my way through my blotchy part of my life. I was not asking for help right after I did those very things. I was not cleaning my heart right away...I was waiting and letting all of that build up inside of me. 

Blessed am I that my sin is forgiven. 
Blessed am I.
I cannot rid myself of the wretched power that sin had on me...I cannot rid myself of any of that.
Jesus needs to do that...and blessed am I to have a God who does that.
Blessed am I that I can admit my sin to Him..and takes His hand and He heals that hurt and pain.

:::Also, I want to encourage you to find someone who you can trust...or a couple of people and have them pray for you. It makes such a difference when you admit what you've done to someone else. A huge difference. On the panama mission trip I had the opportunity to do that. It was one of the most freeing experiences ever. It was such a hard thing to say- but the thing is that I did it. It is out there now, and I could never be more happier! 
In James it says: "Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another that you may be HEALED. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." James 5:16
This is the verse that always killed me. I had not told anyone of my deepest, darkest secret. 
I would almost die inside every time I read this. 
God put the confidence in me to confess to someone else.
I do not think I would be healing the way I am if I hadn't. 
Hear me out, TELL SOMEONE ABOUT YOUR SECRETS. You will be rewarded. You will be amazed as to how much someone actually cares about you. You can hold something in as long as you want, but it will kill you. You will try to shove it away...you will try to forget about you...instead of healing from it. You will have a forever hole inside of you. It will not be healed. It needs to be healed.

That is my very long explaination to this mornings' reading.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
I am babysitting a new family today! I am very excited!
Then class bon fire...and class beach day tomorrow! Wahoo!
xoxo,
rebecca

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I think I needed to hear it today.

    ReplyDelete