6.16.2011

...culture shock...

i have safely returned from Chilibre, Panama (home of the smell of poop).
even though I have returned home, that does not mean I feel home.
I boarded the plane on Tuesday morning, but my heart did not.
My heart was left with all of the children, all of the people, all of the cities, all of the hospitals, the YWAM base...that is where my heart is at. I packed 7 hats with me on this trip..and I gave away every single one. I gave them away as a sign of placing my heart at 7 different places. I would carefully decide throughout my time at these places to whom I would place them with. It was such a wonderful experience. I know those people need those hats a lot more than I do. It is something for me to remember them by, and vise versa.
At the time of boarding the plane I was kind of in a haze, and I was very ready to be home, see my family, and eat my kind of food. I woke up Wednesday morning, in shock. I did not want to be home. I wanted to be in Panama. I wanted to be serving. I didn't want to be receiving. I want to end poverty. I want to embrace all of the Latino children again...I want to mess around in the kitchen with the sweet ladies again. It was such an eye opening experience.

I will post pictures from the trip later..promise!

 Me and Lindsay reunite with Liz!
 journaling @ Panera...
 Happy birthday, Sash!
 Reunited with SUNNI!
"I'm taking my first bite..." : ).
Nite nite. Will blog more later.
xoxo,
rebsters

No comments:

Post a Comment