7.30.2011

tears in sight; good byes are not easy.

I was originally planning on posting during the camp, but no, that never seemed to happen.
I started many posts, and then realized what time it was, and went to bed.
I had an amazing two weeks. It was hard to get up every morning,
be at school by 8 (just like 2 weeks of school), be enthusiastic, and push myself through the days.
We went from 8am until 6pm. It was crazy. I realized how much I needed to rely on God for energy, patience, and kindness.
I get: ornery, tired, and impatient. Easily. It was a stretch for me. 
I found myself singing along to ktis whenever I was driving, reading my bible for something to remember each day...it was a growing experience. It was not this hard last year (to be as honest as I can).
A lot of that had to do with the age group. They were younger than last years group. It took that much effort.
All in all, I will miss them deeply. My small group was so sweet, kind, and considerate. I love them.
Last night was the closing ceremony. After the ceremony, I was not expecting tears at all. I didn't think they had as much fun as they actually did have. One of my girls could not stop crying. I drove her home, and she cried all the way home. It meant so much to me.
I think Monday will be very hard to see them leave. I know God has given them all a plan for coming here...and I just appreciate prayers for travels, and for changed hearts as they look back on their time here.

here is a picture of my small group and I:
This is us at the Capitol.
From the left: Betty, me, Tina, and Elten in the front.

have a fantabulous weekend.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment