11.08.2009

captivating

i'm reading this book.  a very profound book, that is.  see one of my friends a couple weeks ago said, that it was a must read and gave it to me to read.  let me just say, ashley, i love this book.

as i keep on reading, i see a pattern.


  • we want to be pursued, we want to be loved, and simply, that's how God wired us
we are loved: God gives us an abouding love.  He gives us astonishing, beautiful, unmatching love.  Love is something we all need, if we deny it or not, somehow we need love.  a lot of times, i think we just shove the love and care that is offered to us.  i think a lot of times we think we're stronger than we really are.  i think a lot of times, we want to look like the older, wiser, bigger person, which somehow we make ourselves believe that that concept starts with not accepting love and care.

we are pursued: Just this morning at church there was a testimony, and it was incredible.  "It's not God showing these bible verses, bibles everywhere to guilt me into trusting him, it's him showing me that he's pursuing me."
just that says  a lot.  God places things in our lives that show us that he pursues us.

so my question is: will you find yourself back in the arms of his love, where he pursues us every moment? the want, the desire, it's all in us. will you accept the ultimate gift?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~i am incredibly ecstatic, because i am leaving thursday morning for my cousins wedding which is on saturday!!
~my sister is probably going to china this spring/summer with her music school, crazy!
~God has proved himself faithful, even when i'm not. which i am so not. and he still pursues... he still wants me. even when i've so far forsaken him. what a great God!

have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment