11.28.2009

and you answer...

some of you may have been wondering about my post a couple weeks ago.  so here i am, 2:30 in the morning, explaining myself.

I am overwhelmed:

grace has abounded my heart.  i have learned what it means to abide in the Lord.  although, this is something i have been learning for quite some time now, and I'm learning more every given day... I read an incredible passage that brought replenishing, dug down, tears; all this out of a book that I am totally adoring...
    "There are things you've struggled with all your life--self-doubt, anger, depression, shame, addiction, fear.  You probably thought that those were your fault, too.  But they are not. They came from the Enemy who wanted to take your heart captive, make you a prisoner of darknesss.  To be sure, we complied.  We allowed those strongholds to form when we mishandled our wounds and made those vows.  but Jesus has forgiven us for all of that, and now he wants to set us free." (Captivating).

  • Things we've struggled with all our life-  laura story sings a song "grace." part of the chorus in that song goes... "I ask you 'How many times will you pick me up, when I keep letting you down? and each time I fall short of your glory, how far will forgiveness abound?' you answer 'My child, I love you...'"  God understands that we struggle.  Our struggles are an inevitable truth.  
  • The burden of being at fault- God has patience and a loving heart for a reason.  The burden of knowing it was all your fault is not a good feeling.  The feeling of having your family look down on you because of your unmentionable past ruins your heart.  The burdens hurt; no one is there to pick you up it feels like.  Admit the fault, failure is our nature, we all have that feeling.  *Forgive yourself*.  As this is the hardest part of getting back up, it is one of the most vital parts--> There lies another chance ahead of you.  
  • Be set free- He has given us this life to live.  God meant for it to be set free of chains that tangled us, jacked us up, and screwed with our hearts.  Whether you regret something you did two minutes ago, or years ago, it has already been long gone.  In God's eyes there is no such thing you did--He removes it from His sight.  Let his love set you free-- and be thankful to our Lord who loves us so!


Love you all! I hope your thanksgiving was beautiful, and shared quality time with family/friends.  (Also sneaked some good deals in, too).  God bless your new week, and I hope you will be refreshed with his love!

No comments:

Post a Comment