12.26.2009

christmas break

I must say, Christmas break has been relaxing and fun.  It has been filled with joy, beauty, family, and love.  I have done many things so far, and I am looking forward to many other things next week, which will be nice.

What I have done-
-Been to a wedding
-Gotten surgery on my knee
-Been to physical therapy, and other appointments
-Done cookie baking with lovely ladies
-Baked/Frosted cookies with my family
-Watched the Office with my sister!!
-Had Christmas, which was wonderful!!!
-Seen many friends & family!
-Slept in
-Writing

Things I've yet to do-
-Read some good books!!
-Game nights
-Get season five of the Office
-Have sleep overs
-Sleep in much more
-Have lots of physical therapy
and much more!


Aside all of this, I have seen one, true, beautiful thing, by so many.  Especially my parents and my sister, also my friends:



I have seen selfless love.

I have been immensely blessed.
I am extremely gracious.
I am so thankful.

I had acl reconstruction surgery on Monday morning.  I was nervous, I won't lie.  But there aligned supportive and sweet nurses, my parents who prayed over me constantly, and very smart people who knew what they were doing.
People have taken time out of their day, to come and visit me.  It has blessed me, and I have completely appreciated it.
My mom has also been battling a cold and yet, she still wakes up in the middle of the night to remind me to take my pain killers, she's giving up her time, to make sure I'm okay.
My dad and my sister have also made me food, been with me, done so much for me.  I am incredibly blessed person, and I am so appreciative. 

I am humbled.

This is a great example of how unselfish love is displayed.  A lot of times I have a hard time of accepting gifts given to me.  I feel unworthy, and uncomfortable accepting gifts.  A good friend of mine told me I needed to work on just saying thank you.  Learning how to accept something and be humbled by that act of kindness and love.  Since that moment I have learned how to just be thankful and humble by these deeds.


Luke 2:11-12 "Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.'"
Yes, the day of Christmas may have sprung and ended, but the Savior, Jesus lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment